More About Block Printing:
Because there is no machinery involved in the hand block process, each comforter is rendered completely unique.
– An intricate design is hand-carved into a wooden block
– The block is dipped into all-natural vegetable dyes
– The block is pressed onto a cotton sheet repeatedly until the fabric is covered with the design
– The next block is dipped into the second and color and the process is repeated until the design is complete
– Once the dye has set, the cotton sheets are hand-stitched together, securing the cotton stuffing in the middle